Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 8 Kindness

I really wasn't sure what I wanted to post for this theme. The gift of kindness has been shown to me by so many people over the years and I feel pretty blessed to have so many amazing friends and family members that have given me this gift. I have the opportunity to mention friends and family in the coming days so today I thought maybe I would share this image of the kindness God has for us and the gifts he has given each of us so that we may go out and share kindness, do good works in his name.
It got me to thinking of what I like to do for others, what I do when I want to express my love and support for others. God has blessed me with the gift of words and that is something that allows me to show support. But my favourite thing to do, to add to those words that I often write in a note of support to someone in need, is to bake cookies. I enjoy sharing kindness that way. I even baked up 8+ dozen about a month ago to share with countless friends, neighbors and co-workers on 'Random Act of Kindness' day. It's a little thing but hopefully it's the gift if kindness that someone needed to brighten their day...

No comments:

Post a Comment