Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day 5 - Light Day 6 - Love

I can't get my picture to load for light so I will post it later but this is what I posted for what the gift of light means to me....
In the darkest hours of my grief, in the time when life just seemed shattered, I would lie in my bed in those early hours of the snowy December mornings and forget it was my reality. Then I would remember and I would sob. But as the night turned to day and dark turned slowly to light I would feel Cameron kick and I would feel such hope. He was and is my hope, my light. I also found and still find myself drawn to flickering candle light, especially white candles and it makes me feel closer to Cole somehow.

Today's gift to focus on is love.  I chose to focus on unconditional love, the kind Christ has for us.


1st John 4 7-12
7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.


I found this video and just thought it was perfect...




This next paragraph is a direct copy from last year's advent project...couldn't write it any better if I tried...



There is only one kind of love that can make us whole, complete us and give us the happiness we want and that is unconditional love. It is so different than the love that so many of us have known all of our lives. It is caring about the happiness of another person without any thought for where it will get us, what we will get from it. It is also unconditional love when others care about our happiness without any thought of what they might get out of it.
This is the kind of love God has for us in a sense. He does not stop loving us if we do things that displease him or even are against his teachings. There really isn’t anything we can do to stop God from loving us. We can sin but all we need to do is ask for His forgiveness and it is granted. And even those who don’t ask for it, those who never have a personal relationship with Christ, those who are never able to see God’s love for us…. Even all of those millions of people, God loves. He only asks that we love Him and through that we can truly and unconditionally love others.



No comments:

Post a Comment