Saturday, December 22, 2012

Day 21 - Solitude

I just read a piece from another friend who is also doing this Gifts of Christmas Mourning Project and I have to kind of steal, kind of add it in to mine.

Solitude is the state of being alone without being lonely. It is a positive and constructive state of engagement with oneself. Solitude is desirable, a state of being alone where you provide yourself wonderful and sufficient company.

Solitude is a time that can be used for reflection, inner searching or growth or enjoyment of some kind. Deep reading requires solitude, so does experiencing the beauty of nature. Thinking and creativity usually do too.

Solitude suggests peacefulness stemming from a state of inner richness. It is a means of enjoying the quiet and whatever it brings that is satisfying and from which we draw sustenance. It is something we cultivate. Solitude is refreshing; an opportunity to renew ourselves. In other words, it replenishes us.


Solitude is not something I get much of...I don't get enough of it really and today I need it.  I love to write in solitude and that's just not going to happen today (grrrr...) 
I love spending time alone but not lonely.  My favourite thing to do in my solitude moments is to think and reflect...sometimes that is in conversation with God, sometimes it is moments of reflection about the beauty of the world around me or in my life and sometimes it is to think, reflect and plan what I can share about the journey that my life is taking, my faith is taking.  When I am thinking and not writing (cuz the location doesn't always work for writing...especially computer writing LOL) I like to be outdoors, in God's perfect world.  
I thought I would share some pictures of some of my favourite places to enjoy solitude....










In looking at all these pictures I have taken and I realize I have a real theme to my solitude... water...


No comments:

Post a Comment