Thursday, December 1, 2011

The rising of the sun...

Every morning I rise and think of all the day has in store for me. In my darkest days, after we lost Cole, I would lie there, almost forgetting what had happened and would feel a sense of hope for the day. And then reality would set in and I would remember and I would cry. I was so full of despair and sadness. I did not feel hope in those moments, only hopelessness.
But then I’d feel baby Cameron moving and I’d feel hope for his future. Zack and Brycen would come into our room, climb into bed with me and I could feel nothing but hope for their future too. I worried about them and what this loss meant but I was filled more with hope, even about what losing a brother, meant for them. I knew that they would gain more from this experience then they would lose. The growth, the lessons on life, strength and the sense of peace were more worthy than they were a burden. And this was the same for me.
Maybe that is the secret to life that so many are missing out on… to find hope when all seems hopeless, the perseverance through crisis, to ability to learn and grow from our challenges. Not to look upon tragedy, sadness, crisis, loss and burdens as the moment our life as we knew it ended but as the moment our life was given rebirth, the moment we were given to grow, persevere and to find hope in tomorrow.

Romans 5: 3-5
3 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us


And so today I think of the hope that fills me each day with the rising of the sun, the promise of another day to complete, the possibilities that await me

No comments:

Post a Comment