Friday, December 1, 2017

Advent Project 2017 - Day 1 - Peace

Welcome to my annual Advent writing project.  It would seem that this year I didn’t tough this blog since I ended the project last year….and I never really finished it as the story, my story, is not done.  None of our stories are ever done until we reach the end of our lives.  And even then the story isn’t finished for two reasons.  First because the impact we make on this world makes our story continue long after our hearts stop beating.  And second… because when we get to heaven we don’t cease to exist, we simply exist in a new dimension, we simply (or perhaps not so simply) continue to live but without the trials that life on earth entails.  Such a peaceful thought….which leads me to today’s post.  

First of all though I need to introduce what I’m doing this year for my ‘project’ and why.  As most know who read my blog, I struggle greatly with the month of December.  It marks the anniversaries of way too many losses and most of all, the anniversary of the most difficult time of my life, the anniversary of a day I wish I never had to recognize.  A number of years ago, I decided I needed to channel my December ‘energy’ into focusing on finding positives, finding hope, finding peace. I decided it was time to have a new focus. It was a focus that might bring up some of those memories but instead of being filled with sadness, they would contain thoughts and words of hope, of love, of joy and of peace. Here’s a link to where this project began…
Each year I’ve done something different...and this year is no different.  I began hunting for something a bit different this year and came across a few different Advent Photo Challenges and Advent Writing Challenges.  One in particular caught my eye as it combined both aspects and I decided to use it, with some customizations, to share some beauty and some hope this holiday season.  I’ve got a facebook group where others can also participate and hope to post a photo and/or some words to go with it each day until Christmas.  If you want to join the group you can find it here.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/268165323708129/

This is the format I’ll (hopefully we’ll) be following….


And so here we go...Day 1 - Peace

Something that gives me peace…. Hmmmm….not a hard one for me, especially given that much of this writing project, of this blog in general really, focuses on the journey I’ve had since losing Cole.  For me, the greatest thing that gives me peace is knowing that my child is in heaven and that I will one day see him.  Some may say see him again but in my heart of hearts is just ‘see him’ because I don’t have anything to build an ‘again’ from.  Cole passed before we ever ‘met’ him and, though I’d never give up those moments I had with him, with his body, that wasn’t him.  It wasn’t my spirited, active, busy baby who was always kicking, squirming and moving around.  It wasn’t the little boy with reddish hair who surely must have a similar impish grin to that of his twin, must truly love the snuggles and giggles that we have with Cameron.  
Heaven is where my son is.  It’s where I’ll see him again. And that, my friends, is what gives me the greatest sense of peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment