Sunday, December 10, 2017

Advent Challenge 2017 Day 10 - Moment



Write about a moment you'd like to never forget or a moment you wish you could forget.



I chose this theme for today because 9 years ago today was a moment, a time, that I never want to forget. Nine years ago today was the last day of life as I knew it. It was the day before everything changed. It was the day before everything got different, got hard, got real.

I'm not sure I can actually remember the moments from that day. It was a Wednesday and I was working in Woodstock. I know I was quite excited that day because I was so hopeful that the next day would end the ‘what are you having’ mystery and I could finally start buying boys or girls clothes. I was always excited to go to both my obstetrician and my ultrasound appointments. At both I would get to see my babies and that was so amazing to me. Growing two little people inside my body was so fascinating to me, especially knowing that they looked exactly the same and that my body somehow had made that happen.

I marvel as I think about those times. Times when the greatest question about my twin pregnancy was what gender these babies were. Times when my greatest worry in this twin pregnancy was how I was going to breastfeed two babies at the same time. They were great moments, great memories. Being pregnant with twins was probably one of the most exciting times of my life. It definitely had its worries at the start but by that point, by December 10th 2008, I was definitely excited and definitely at peace with having to care for two babies when we hadn't even been planning to have one more.

Being pregnant with twins is a moment I don't ever want to forget. I wasn't sure what to include as a photo for this theme day of moments. I decided to include one of the last ultrasounds that I have from before December 10th even though it's not from this actual moment. Those two little round circles in there are my son's Hedge. Too Perfect, wonderful, much wanted and much love little heads, little bodies, little arms and legs, little hands and feet, 20 little toes and 20 little fingers. It's a moment of blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment