Monday, December 18, 2017

Advent Challenge Day 18 - Rest

Write about whether you are restful or restless and why

Though I hope to have a photo of the place I may occasionally rest in, I am definitely not a restful person. I don’t think of myself as restless but rather not capable of taking a restful period much more than the time before bed and then while I sleep….which definitely isn’t for the recommended length of time each night!

Physically I have a hard time sitting when I know there is work to be done. I can definitely get a lazy on, not doubt there, but I typically can’t really settle in to ‘rest’ until the ‘jobs’ that are mine are done.

Once I am sitting and ‘resting’ though I am not truly in a restful state. Like many people, I find myself drawn to my electronic devices, usually my phone. And while I can just simply ‘waste time’ on it, for the most part I spend my time on facebook surfing through the support groups I manage, often because someone has tagged me to help out with a situation or offer words of encouragement, support or experience. It gives me great satisfaction to do this and fills a need I have...but it’s not a restful past time usually. Often I can get quite worked up, sometimes even obsessive.

Thankfully though I know when to put my phone down, turn off the lights, had to a place that looks pretty similar to here (though with crazy green walls that I left Geoff pick the paint for and not nearly so tidy LOL)…..
for a restful time of reading and relaxing before I drop into my 6ish hours of, usually fairly restful, sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment