Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Voices -#3

I had thought I was done with my posts on the voices and messages that I have been hearing from God about how lovely he thinks I am, how beautiful I am to Jesus and how he loves me. Then this weekend I heard this song like 5 times and knew it was another one of those messages that He wanted me to hear. So I am posting the words and a very few comments and then I wanted to repost another post I wrote awhile ago on grief because I...well I need to and I'll get to that in a few minutes...or later, or whenever time allows LOL!

To Make You Feel My Love - Garth Brooks

When the rain's blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I would offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love

When the evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

I know you haven't made your mind up yet
But I would never do you wrong
I've known it from the moment that we met
So no doubt in my mind where you belong

I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue
I'd go crawling down the avenue
There ain't nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love

The storms are raging on a rolling sea
And down the highway of regret
The winds of change are blowing wild and free
But you ain't seen nothin' like me yet

There ain't nothin' that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of the earth for you
Make you happy, make your dreams come true
To make you feel my love


I know this song is a love song from a man to a woman but to me, when I last heard this song and today still it is a love song from the one who desires my love most, Jesus. What a thing to have the Lord say to me... There ain't nothing that I wouldn't do To make you feel my love. To think that there is someone who would dry my tears, offer me an embrace when the world is on my case, go black and blue for me, crawl down the avenue... to think someone would do this for me is...well I guess it's something I've known since I became a Christian but I never really thought of it much until I started this women's study on the book I mentioned earlier, Captivating and began thinking about the ways God 'romances' me, the way Jesus tries to show his love for me, how much he desires my love.
What a message God has given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment